Tuesday, May 07, 2013

Coconut Milk Mocha Frappe

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, it's finals week and the nearest Starbucks is an hour away.
Naturally, I need coffee and my supply is lacking.  So I made a mission to make myself a frappe.
The nice part about making it at home is that I can use whatever ingredients I want. 
Since I am sensitive to dairy I try to get almond, silk or coconut milk whenever possible.
For a frappe I feel like almond and soy milk are too thin, but coconut milk is perfect (especially refrigerated).

So I found a regular frappe recipe and made it my own.

1/2 cup strong brewed cold coffee
1/4 cup coconut milk
1 1/2 cup ice

Now you have options for the chocolate:
If you're feeling healthy {1T unsweetened cocoa powder + 2T honey or maple syrup}
And if you're like me and can't find the cocoa powder you can use 2-3T of chocolate syrup

Blend it all together and enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment