Thursday, April 18, 2013

My Body Is A Temple

 For some times now I've been trying to add cross training to my running, but with out some goals and accountability I tend to slack.  Can you relate?  Good.  Well I asked Katie, who is doing amazing on her weight lose + health transformation journey, about keeping each other accountable to do a hardcore abdominal workout twice a week.  Of course we wanted to invite you along too.  The more accountability the more fun.  

The focus isn't to achieve a six pack or to long after something that sets us up to feel unattractive.  No, we are here to strengthen our core + back so we can be better athletes, have better posture, etc.  It's more important then a look, building core strength will help easy that nagging back pain you might have, tightening your midsection + make daily activities easier on your body.  Even if you don't see a difference, you will be stronger.

Here's the plan:
1. Do Ab Ripper X {2-3 times a week} - this could really be another abdominal workout over 15 minutes would work {Jillian Michaels, Tara Stiles, Denise Austin, etc.} Personally I'll be doing Ab Ripper X because I think it's amazing.  Please don't do any of the above videos back to back days.  It's not recommended and it won't benefit your body.  Muscles need time to contract and rest between sections, that's why it's good to focus on different muscle groups each day.  But that's a whole different post.  Can you tell I'm a certified group fitness instructor?

2. Check In - use the hash tag + let all the ladies know when you got your workout in.  It's that simple.

3. Connect + Make New Friends - one of the best parts of being part of our virtual running group or shereadstruth {aside from consistently running and having quiet time} is connecting + making new friends from all over.  If you get to know a new friend + she's getting her workout in, it will help motivate you.  My goal for running is at least get the same milage as one of my teammates.  It's great motivation!

When it boils down to it: if I don't lose a single pound or drop ten inches, I just want to take good care of the body I was given.  What can I put in my body + do to be the best version of me to reach people for the Kingdom.

2 comments:

  1. I keep saying I'm going to start exercising since I just turned 30 and pretty much neglected working out all but 5 times in my 20's! Maybe I'll jump on this band wagon with you all!

    ReplyDelete