Saturday, March 02, 2013

Sick Day

Yesterday as I was writing all sickness broke loose in our house, specifically all over Addi's bed and floor. 

You know you're a mom when the words, "LUCKILY they just threw up ON me" leave your mouth. 
Because that means you only have to clean yourself up instead of the bed and carpets. Perspective.
There was a lot pink medicine, scrubbing floors, washing sheets, and tummies being covered with "the bucket."

 Even more cuddles with daddy, passing out in "the bucket" and sleeping on the couch.
But somewhere in between it all I had this moment of peace.

God knew I needed the reminder to slow down {honestly, I'm not sure how much slower I could get}.
To unplug from life, to just focus on that one little girl in my life that matters the most.
And I was grateful for unending cuddles, sleeping with her, and my husband who carried my load {baking cookies for a bake sale & getting some light food that she will hopefully be able to keep down}.

Tonight we are resting in the arms of our Father and holding tight to His promises.
We're grateful for the little reminders, even in the midst of lots of bodily fluid.


"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest."
-Matthew 11:28

No comments:

Post a Comment