Monday, March 04, 2013

Happy Half Training Day!


Last weeks five mile run gave me a kick in the pants. 
If I can run five miles now, why am I waiting to start my half plan until some unknown date?
No more waiting, it starts today.  

This plan looked perfect for my first half marathon.   
It's pretty simple and straight forward.
No tempo, speed, jumping on your head. Wait?
However, I'll probably add an extra two mile run during the week somewhere.
It's actually what my weekly run looks like right now, ten miles a week.
So why not now?

Here is my plan: I'm going to finish this twelve week plan, maintain 15 miles a week for four to six weeks of summer, kick off half marathon training round two, and then half marathon race!!!
After thinking about it I decided the best thing for my nerves is to just do a round of training first.
It's exciting! By the end of May I should be able to run 13.1 miles. 
Who's coming with me?

2 comments: