Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Our Favorites {Educational} Apps

Recently on Instagram I was asked what my favorite educational apps were.  To be honest, we have a lot.  The ones I'm about to share are the paired down version too.  I use to have a full page on a large iPad filled with folders of kids apps.  Since some of them were way to advanced for our kids, I reluctantly paired them down.  I'll highlight a few of our very favorite apps since it would take forever to list them all.

Miss Spider's Bedtime & Tea Party are always a favorite around here! 
Bugsy Pre-K-alphabet, numbers, colors, shapes, phonics, and counting for preschool kids
PBS Kids Video Player-we love PBS kids around here and you can't go wrong with educational shows
Jesus Loves Me-we just found this app this week from a Instagram friend.  It's amazing! Everything is based around the song Jesus Loves me.  There are verses and you can record your kids.  You don't want to miss it.
There Is A Star-this is an amazing Christmas app by the same developer as Jesus Loves Me.  Addi watched the same video for fifteen minutes the first night.  I think that sometimes we don't talk about the "Christmas story" enough through out the year and this app is just perfect.  I can't wait to see what other apps they come out with!

I have a confession to make:  I love Grasshopper apps!!! All of them.  Seriously, I haven't me a Grasshopper app I didn't like.  Some of Addi's favorites are I Like Books, Counting Bears, ABC Alphabet Phonics Touch, and pretty much any of the apps in our preschool folder is from Grasshopper.  So go get them! 
So I'm going to get really honest here: some little moved Toca Band to the kindergarten folder from the Toca folder and on a more serious note Morgan doesn't really like learning.  Since we only have him on the weekends, I don't push it.  I have a folder filled with educational apps, but he mostly hangs out in his folder (angry birds, glass tower, etc. or the toca folder).  I think it's important to keep them available to him and once he starts kindergarten in the fall I might make more educational app time for him.  But right now the weekends are crazy busy and I don't push it.  There are bigger fish to fry.  But I love all the apps in his folder.  Again, they are mostly Grasshopper apps and I figure that by fall I might begin using them with Addi too.  

Lastly, we love all Toca apps, but hair salon, kitchen monsters and the doctor apps are some of our very favorite!  We've been able to find most of them for free through various sales.  

I hope you find some new favorites! 

No comments:

Post a Comment