Thursday, July 14, 2011

Happy Birthday Addileigh Lauren


It's so hard to believe that a year ago today I gave birth to my sweet little girl.  The day after I had her I wrote a quick note on facebook about her birth, so I'm going to share a little bit of it here.

Addileigh Lauren 
Born: Wednesday, July 14th at 12:22PM 
Weighing:  8 pounds 1 ounce 
Measuring:  21 inches long

"We went to the hospital at midnight the night before, after doing all the last minute things at home, packing, and making a quick trip to Walmart. Yes, I was slowly waddling my way through there. My mom got here at 3 AM. I labored in the tub which was amazing and got two little naps. My contractions were getting to the 3 minute mark then spacing out again, so at 11 AM my nurse was going to start the pitocin drip (which I didn't really want) when my doctor came in. He stopped her, checked me, broke my water, and said to do the epidural first before starting the pic. Evan nearly lost his cookies!

For some reason my spine wouldn't stay straight (not the fact that I was having serious contractions) so on the third attempt to stick me she gave me a break to sit out a contraction and I told the lady, "I have to go to the bathroom." I looked at the clock and it was 12:15 PM. The nurse was out of the room, so she came in and was going to check me but by the time she was checking me I was yelling, "I have to push...she's coming out!!!" 

Evan was in the waiting room because they didn't want him to pass out during the epidural so I was yelling for Evan. People were in a flury, Evan got here, my doctor flew in the door, and the nurse was yelling keep your eyes open, breathe, and DON'T PUSH!!! I told them I wasn't pushing. 

At 12:22PM I was holding Miss Addileigh Lauren with a full head of hair with no time to have a cone head.  And I say that I never even pushed because I didn't she just made her own.  I wanted a natural birth the most, but was open to what I needed to do to get through it, then ended up getting exactly what I wanted...an "accidental natural birth" that was QUICK!!!" 

Reading though that brings back lots of memories of that day and the past year.  It's hard to believe what our family has gone through the last year and how much we have grown.  Addi has been such a blessing in our lives and I couldn't imagine a day with out her.  

A friend of ours, Laura, is starting up her own little photography business, so she offered to take some pictures of Addi for her birthday.  Here are few of my favorites.  Thanks for much Laura for capturing memories in Addi's life!  










So far today Addi had her "favorite meals" to eat:  breakfast was yogurt smoothies and graham crackers, lunch was hummus on turkey, and for dinner we're having pancakes with sprinkles in them!  Tonight we're going to Gram & Grandpa's to have cupcakes and ice cream for her.  It should be a great day.

Happy Birthday Sweet girl!

(P.S. what's a birthday without a fever and teething right?  Mama is getting lots of cuddle time.)

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! I didn't realize she came so quick! Happy birthday to Addi :) Glad you like the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, it was a crazy birth that's for sure! Nothing out of the ordinary for our family though. Thanks so much for the pictures!

    ReplyDelete