Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Tot School {Planning March}

Once a month I sit down to do most of my planning and printing.  Over the past few months I've become more aware of what works and what doesn't, so it's become really quick to sit down and get it all done.  Throughout the year I'm always pinning ideas, have you ever noticed that you see some of the best ideas after the holiday or event?  Each month I try to keep things simple and follow a general format.
Each month I love printing a new cover for our notebook.  This one is a toddler version of resurrection eggs from the Happy Home Fairy, which we'll also in our lessons as Easter gets closer.  
Have you seen this idea?  Printing your Pinterest boards as lesson plans.  We'll I love it! I in fact am now making more specific boards because of it.  I can't wait to see how helpful it is this month to actually do my pins! It's so perfect for craft options.
We start out out time of learning by talking about the weather and practicing out ZooPhonics.  Usually I add one each week or two.  I'm not pushing phonics at this point, but she really enjoys them.  If she doesn't pick up on the new letter, then I don't add any more.  It's really cool to see her comprehend this though! One day she was in the bath tub and said, "Mommy, bubbles.  Buh, buh, bubbles." Just like the format of ZooPhonics.
In honor of Dr. Seuss' birthday we threw in a week or two of silly Seuss fun! There are lots of fun activities that I've been and can't wait to do, using my printed lesson plan.
Easter Basket Activity
We'll be spending a few weeks talking about Easter.  It's kind of a big deal around here! During Christmas I tried really hard to keep the focus on Jesus birth. Yes, we talked about santa, but we focused on the reason for the celebration.  That's how we want to do Easter too!  There are a lot of fun crafts and other activities I can't wait to do as well as printable sheets.
This is one of the sheets I'm excited to if Addi can do.  Sometimes I think I hold her back because I don't think she can do something (like figuring out which is different) I don't even present it to her.  But this one is a little more obvious, so I'm excited to add it to this month.  
Oh the placed you'll go baby girl! 

No comments:

Post a Comment