Monday, January 21, 2013

Green Smoothie Goodness

It's no secret: we're green smoothie obsessed around here.
Through in some frozen fruit, water and a heaping handful or two of spinach.
Delicious! 
Last weekend we even made Addi her very own mason jar tumbler.
After trying countless recipes I'll share my top two:

Our "go-to" Green Smoothie
1 cup of water {if you're new to green smoothies you can use orange juice}
1 cup of your favorite frozen fruit
{our favorite is a pineapple, peach, mango, strawberry melody}
1 banana
1 small orange {optional}
A heading handful {or two} of spinach 

Green Orange Julius 
{adapted from here}

1 cup of 100% orange juice concentrate
1 1/2 cups almond milk {or your favorite milk}
1 banana frozen in chunks
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
A heading handful {or two} of spinach

Blend & enjoy!


2 comments:

  1. Yummy, yummy! I love spinach in my smoothies. I hope you and Addi are feeling better today!

    ReplyDelete