Monday, December 24, 2012

{Christmas Celebration} Day 10

When we pulled out of my parents drive way my heart was so full!
Christmas morning we woke up to an amazing breakfast cooked by my mom and brother.
Then we sat around the Christmas tree and read the story of Jesus birth from our children's Bible.
The kids got a few gifts from my parents and a gift from my brother.

We all loved it! 
No chaos, no mountain of presents, just family, love and a few tokens of that love.
After we opened presents I told my mom how my heart was stirring! 
I can't wait to do Christmas again next year, different and teaching our kids even more.
More generosity, more giving, more serving, more sacrificing.
I know they are just two and four, but there is more to this world then the latest toys.
My heart for them to to have compassion, empathy and love those who have less.
To enjoy their blessing with a truly grateful heart.

Uncle Josh sat around the table playing Princess Duplo and Legos with the kids.
It was one of those moments I never want to forget! 
Morgan sat with my brother for probably almost an hours, building his own Legos.
Evan and I were blown away because he doesn't sit for very long at all.
He was eating up every minutes of his uncles attention and so proud of himself for building his own masterpieces.  Kudos to Uncle Josh for being an amazing and patient teacher and talking him through it all to build it on his own.  I loved when the kids cuddled up on their papa's lap to read books or play a game.  Those are the things I want to remember.  The memories, the moments. 
Us girls went out on a little walk and talked about life and God the whole way.
We spotted some animal tracks and even listened to deer calling to one another.

On the way home I asked Morgan what his favorite present was and he said,
"My new water bottle!"
Yep, he liked his new water bottle even more then his DS
Less is more. Simple is better. And it's the thought that counts.

We ended our night back at home with tons of family from my husbands side.
Lots of giggling cousins and laughing adults! 
There is never a dull moment in this house for the holidays.
We're drinking it all in and sad to see it coming to a close.

No comments:

Post a Comment