Sunday, October 14, 2012

Tired of Starting Over

I love my girl Clare over at Peak313 and she just wrapped up the Living & Active Challenge
It was amazing! Workouts, scripture, accountability. I failed. I quit. Yet again. 

This spring I ran a 10K. 
I beat my first and second time goals! 
Since the I've ran maybe 10 times. 
MAYBE!! That's stretching it. 

Now it's fall, I'm already thinking about what race I want to run next spring. 
What goals do I want to accomplish for my health?

My long running goal is a half marathon. 
I haven't run over seven miles yet. 
Yes, I know that is a HUGE accomplishment. 

But I'm so tired of starting over. 
Right now it would be a great workout to run three miles. 
In the spring it was a quick jog during my daughters nap. 

Today I was talking about maybe signing up for a half as a Christmas present. 
My goal right now is starting a CrossFit inspired challenge from Clean Eats In The Zoo.
Originally I was planning on starting next week, you know after the craziness. 
After my trip to my parents and watching my sister run a MARATHON!

Well the craziness never goes away. 
It's always there and it will just take a different form. 
So I'm starting now! 


Week One:

Day 1: 10 push-ups, 10 sit-ups, 10 air squats (5 rounds)
Day 2: Run 1/2 mile, 25 (or 50 if you can) air squats (3 rounds)
Day 3: 20 lunges, 10 push-ups (5 rounds)
Day 4: Longer run *Add-on: 1 minute front plank, and 1 minute plank on each side
Day 5: 50-100 jumping jacks, 25 air squats, 20 push-ups,  for time
Day 6: Run 1 mile for time

No comments:

Post a Comment