Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Broken Hearted

Mear moments after I wrapped my blog up about how it's been such a rough two weeks I read this blog about a sweet little girl, Teri Lynn.  All I have to say is I'm humbled and if my daughter's pink eye is the least of my worries, I am one blessed women.  


For as long as I remember I have wanted to adopt.  I remember telling my mom I wanted "one of every color."  Now that I'm married, my husband has also had a passion burned in his heart for "our little girl in China."  Sadly we are "to young" to adopt at this time and we're getting out family "settled in" to life with moving and Evan getting ready to wrap up college and start a professional career, if you can call being a youth pastor professional.  

As I read Teri Lynn's story with tears streaming down my face I can't help but think a few things:

*  I can't believe I felt defeated by the last 2 weeks.  My life is so abundantly blessed!

* Why Lord would you put this sweet child under my nose and not meet the adoptions requirements, nor are we in the position to adopt at this moment. 

My heartaches for my children.  Children that I do not know where they are, what their life is like, or when I'll get to hold them in my arms with tears streaming down my face.  I am reminded of that fire placed in my heart many years ago and longing to hold my babies.


"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world."
 -James 1:27


Tonight I am amazed at how God is moving in my life family's, although I'm not sure why proven His track record.  My heart is broken and waiting to see how God moves in our lives over the months to come.  The day that I get to hold my new children in my arms will be a beautiful day.  

So please help me: 

Share her story!!! Post it all over facebook, blog work, emails, text people, and even call a friend who you know has been considering adoption for sometime now.  Let God use you in this little girl's life.

Donate to bringing her home!  If every one of mine and Evan's facebook friends donated just $1 we would raise over $450 toward being her hope, peace, joy, love, and a home.  (Add my Uncle Tim's friends in there thats almost $2000! I had to Uncle Tim.)

Bring her home.  Now I know not everyone can adopt, but if this is something you've been considering for sometime take time to prayer about it now.  






I will never forget little Teri Lynn's precious face.  




You can help in many ways, big and small.  Please!

No comments:

Post a Comment