Monday, June 20, 2011

Peace


"Don't fret or worry. Instead of worrying, pray. Let petitions and praises shape your worries into prayers, letting God know your concerns. Before you know it, a sense of God's wholeness, everything coming together for good, will come and settle you down. It's wonderful what happens when Christ displaces worry at the center of your life."
-Philippians 4:6-7




"Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God; believe also in me."
-John 14:1


Today I got my butt (or heart) kicked.  While we were on vacation I got an email to have an interview for a nanny job when we got home.  The exciting part was it was in the city we want to move to next month.  We've been planning for a long time to move there and now the time has come, so it was exciting to see the pieces falling together.  

Anyway, there have been lots of time along the journey to moving that I have been worried and anxious; today was no different.  All the worry, doubt, and apprehension came flooding in.  I looked up the verse in Philippians as a "fall back" verse to remind myself that I don't need to worry about anything.  Then I got to dig into my devotions for today where I found the verses from John.  Talk about a wake up call.  

"Do you not believe in God?"  Wow! Wow!!! What a question to relate to stress, anxiety, and worry.  I think I will be posting that verse on my mirror with a BIG "DO YOU NOT BELIEVE IN GOD?!"  


"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid."
-John 14:27

No comments:

Post a Comment