Monday, August 15, 2011

Trust in the Lord

Yesterday we made an impromptu run to Kirkland's and I found this beautiful piece to hand in our bedroom, it matched out brown and blue perfectly!  In the last few months (and years!) I have been constantly posting this verse as a reminder to myself on facebook.  I seriously can't get enough of this verse!  

Proverbs 3:5-6
It has been a whirlwind of emotions moving out of our first home and taking a step of faith trusting God to move forward in the process of relocating.  Some days it feels so great to being moving forward, but other days it feels like a black hole.

Today seems like things are coming together, slowly but surely.  Last week it felt like there was a halt to the process because it wasn't the ride place for us.

I'm always caught between getting excited for new job opportunities and not wanting to get my hopes up or feeling like there is a possibilities right around the corner or feeling like we'll be living with my in law's for a year, which isn't our plan.  Not because we don't love them or like living here, but because we feel like God is moving our family and it's just a matter of time.

This week is the week or opportunity.  I will find out next Monday if I have a job opportunity nannying for a family friend whose little girl is just a week older then Addileigh, then only a few days to decide.  Evan has been applying for a new job nightly and one of the horizon seems promising because it's a new company opening up so there are a lot of positions.  There are so many details that everyone wants answers to, but we just don't have them.  We don't know where we are going to work yet, therefore we don't know where we are going to live, go to church, or the timing of our full move.

It's so much that needs to be worked out and I'm feeling rather peaceful knowing that God is in control and truly trying to live, "Trust in the Lord with all your Heart!"  It's so hard, especially when others are expecting answers, but I have faith and am taking steps to where God is leading us.  It's the old saying, " Two steps forward.  One step back."

Right now I'm not sure where we will land, but I thank God for his provision and hope.  He has a great plan that is slowly being revealed to us and we aren't going to rush forward and bypass His plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment